During hurricane season, flooding can be an issue that many people face. Unfortunately, high water from excessive rain can cause a lot of damage to your home. It can also damage clothing. If you recently had to deal with a hurricane this season, or high water for any reason, consider visiting a local laundromat to help you get your damaged clothing clean. Below, you will find tips that can help you make the most of your experience there. For the best 2017 coin operated washers and dryers SC has available, only we can help. Call today to learn more.
- Before heading to the laundromat, take time to sort clothing into piles. If possible, make one clothes basket for dry clean only, one for heavily soiled, one for white clothing and another for colored clothing.
- Take the baskets outside and use the garden hose to rinse mud and debris from the clothing, as much as possible. Putting clothing that is covered in muck directly into a washer will be harmful to the washer as well as your clothing.
- Once you rinse the clothing free from mud, head to the laundromat. There you should wash your clothes with the hottest setting recommended for the fabric you are washing.
- Clothing needs to be disinfected. In order to do this, you should add one cup of bleach into the wash cycle for white fabrics that are cotton. Be sure to check clothing labels to make sure they can handle the bleach. Many times, colors cannot be bleached unless you are using a formula specifically made for colors. You might also need to steer clear of bleach when washing delicate fabrics like spandex and silk.
- Adding one cup of pine oil or Lysol into the wash can disinfect clothing that should not be bleached.
- Once you have washed and disinfected all clothing, take the items out of the washer and inspect them for cleanliness. If they've been completely cleaned in the wash, launder once again as normal with regular laundry detergent before drying.
To learn more about how you can salvage damaged clothing that has endured a flood, be sure to visit back with our next blog post. There, you'll find more information that can help during this difficult situation.
Coin Operated Washers and Dryers SC | T & L Equipment Company
T & L has been in operation for 40 years. Within that time, we've worked hard to offer the best machines for the best prices. We believe in our products and are excited to share them with you. The benefits you’ll gain from trusting our washers and dryers are incomparable. Our products offer the following advantages:
- Easy to install and use
- Saves washing and drying time
- Saves money
- Saves energy
- Easy to clean
- Come in a variety of sizes and capacities
If you’re ready to talk with T & L about purchasing washers or dryers, contact us. We are here to help you with all your fire department's equipment needs. Don’t hesitate to call with any questions or concerns you might have about our products. We hope to work with you soon to help you start saving time, money and energy with the best commercial laundry equipment on the market! We hope to work with you soon, to help you start saving time, money and energy with the best coin operated washers and dryers SC has to offer!