When you are a small business owner your success will always depend on repeat customers. This means that the first impression your customers get from your laundromat will be very important. Your laundromat should be clean, bright, and welcoming at all times. Always keep in mind that new and repeat customers will notice things that might not be obvious to you. You will want to create a homey feel in your laundromat that will make your customers want to come back again and again. Often it is found that by the time a customer is ten steps into your business they have already formed an opinion about your business. One of the best rules of thumb to remember is, you only have one chance to make a first impression. Need a dealer for vended laundry equipment in Charlotte? Call T & L for great customer service and prices.
To create this great homey vibe in your laundromat you will want to follow these awesome tips:
- Always say “Thank You!” It may seem obvious, but we place this tip first because saying thank you to a new customer will ensure the best chance of return business. Whether it is an in-person thank you from your employee, a follow up thank you email, or both, customers want to feel valued and appreciated.
- Always make sure your laundromat is kept neat and tidy. This means no overflowing trash cans or dirty bathrooms. Dirt and debris in the machines say to a new customer that you don’t care about them or the impression you make. Teach all of your employees to do routine trash collection, machine checks, and bathroom cleans. These simple routines will keep your laundromat looking fresh all the time. Keep lost and found and the front counter clean and free of clutter. Wipe down seating and tables regularly and tidy up the kids' area.
- If you do not already have a kid-friendly area, make one. This will go a long way in welcoming parents who are already stressed with the laundry chore. Make this area welcoming by having a few toys, books, and games. Just be certain your employees keep it clean and tidy.
- Welcome your customers. Train your staff to greet every customer. Even when they are busy doing other things encourage them to stop by and visit with each customer as soon as possible. Employees should ask customers if they need anything or have questions about how to operate the machines.
- Take the time to consider the outside of your facility. That homey feeling begins with making the outside as attractive as possible. If your parking lot has trash or burned out security lights, your customers will not find your laundromat very welcoming. Having well-lit signs for your business and good lighting in the parking area is key for making customers feel safe and welcome, especially after dark. Make it easy for customers to get in and out of your business and be sure that you have adequate parking.
Vended Laundry Equipment in Charlotte
Need even more tips on how to make your laundromat homey and welcoming? Ask the industry experts at T & L Laundry Equipment. For more than 40 years, T & L has been the area's leader in commercial and vended laundry equipment in Charlotte. From seating to adjustable folding tables to washers and dryers, when it comes to commercial grade equipment, T & L is the best choice.